Now that it’s February, I feel like the weeks are flying by! I can’t believe it’s already Friday! Have your past few weeks been flying by as well?
This week’s favorite is a fun one because there’s a small giveaway at the end! Nothing crazy or fancy, but read on to find out…
Back in December, I saw that Greatist was having a special on their Parcel box, a monthly subscription box that is chock-full of healthy foods, supplements, and bath and body products. I believe it was $5 for the first month. I thought I signed up for only the one month, but earlier this week I also received January’s box!
I’ve enjoyed Birchbox in the past, but have only received it through gift subscriptions. I’m pretty frugal, so I can’t justify the (yes, inexpensive) $10/month habit. This box is $20, so even though I love it I will be canceling it (but asking for it as a gift in the future)!
Like Birchbox, you can go online after you receive the box and rate the products for points that you can use towards future purchases (10 pts/rating, 100 pts=$1 to use in their shop).
The theme for December’s box was “Party.” I love how the box is brimming with products!
Look at everything that was included! There were even coupons for many of the products!
- Blossom Organics Natural Moisturizing Lubricant: Even though I believe sexuality is an important part of a healthy relationship, I’m not going to comment on this one. 🙂
- Similasan 100% Natural Computer Eye Relief Drops: These have been great for my tired computer eyes! I’ve used their eye products in the past with great results.
- The Honest Company Honest Shampoo + Body Wash: Although I’m a pretty big fan of Honest products, I didn’t find that this washed my hair well when we brought two small bottles of these on our trip with us to Europe. I do love that it doubled as body wash, though.
- Salamandra Naturals Lavender Soap: The soap pictured above and in the first picture was by far my favorite item in the box! I have very dry skin, but it still needs to be gently exfoliated, and this soap fit the bill perfectly!
- Wholesome Sweeteners: I was really excited about this one because I’m always trying out natural sweeteners. I tried some of them at different times in my oatmeal to add some extra flavor, but they ended up being my least favorite items. I couldn’t tell the difference in flavors and the taste was not equivalent to regular agave.
- NeoCell Beauty Bursts: The one chew was very good, but I’m sure that just taking one didn’t do anything.
- The Pure Bar Co. Fruit Sandwich: We still have yet to try this. I’m thinking WHH will appreciate this more than me.
- Two Degrees Bar: This was perfect for a snack to tide me over between an early breakfast and a late lunch. Gluten-free, chocolate, and peanut butter? Just my kind of snack!
- Numi Organics Savory Tea: My first thought was, huh?! I don’t drink much black tea, so I haven’t tried this yes. Not sure how I feel about it. Sounds like it might taste like tomato soup?
- Jiva Coffee Cubes: These are instant coffee cubes combined with a sweetener. Since I drink my coffee black and unsweetened, I asked WHH to try. I think he may have added more water than they suggest, but he said it was too sweet and tasted like coffee flavored water. I also took a little sip and found it much too sweet. They also offer hot chocolate cubes. Perhaps those are better?
- Quinn Parmesan & Rosemary Popcorn: We accidentally overcooked the popcorn (even though we used our microwave’s popcorn setting which usually works perfectly), so it didn’t taste as good as it probably usually does. Still, a thumbs up from WHH.
- Not pictured: Zarbee’s Naturals Cough & Throat Relief Daytime Drink: Not sure how this one missed the photo shoot. Thankfully, neither of us have been sick, so we haven’t had to use it yet!
Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of the value of this box? I think that considering I only paid $5, the value is superb!
I received January’s earlier this week. As I’ve only just received it, I haven’t tried many products yet. This one seemed perfectly geared toward WHH, though, as he’s had a hard time getting a good night’s sleep for the past few months despite many modifications in diet, exercise, and behaviors.
This month’s theme is “Renew.”
Another box full of all kinds of goodies, such as…
- Smiles for the People Bamboo Toothbrush: Can’t wait to try this!
- Camelback Mantra: A zero-calorie beverage with natural flavors. Sweetened with stevia and colored with vegetable and fruit juices. WHH may steal this before I can try it!
- Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds: Looking forward to adding this to my oatmeal tomorrow morning!
- Just Good Chocolate Mug O’ Love: I’m sure I will be consuming this over the weekend. Most likely when I sit down to get through the next A&P chapter assignment.
Close-up of the YogaAnne item from above:
- YogaAnne Calm Essential Oil Blend: An essential oil blend to compliment yoga flow. Includes a free month of YogaAnne! Can’t wait to give this a try once my tennis elbow is on the mend.
Speaking of tennis elbow, a quick update:
My chiro is now doing Graston, ART, ultrasound, and laser therapy with little luck. 😦 Starting to exhaust my options. He said we’ll try through next week and then I should get an MRI and consider Prolotherapy. I’m open to any suggestions any of you have!
Anyway, back to fun stuff. More from the box:
- Kool ‘N Fit Sport Performance Spray: A hypoallergenic performance formula that can be used before, during and after athletic activity for better warm-up, increased performance and faster recovery. I’ll definitely be trying this on my foot!
- Raw Green Organics Super Greens and Raw Green Organics Vegan Protein: I already really enjoy my Garden of Life RAW protein when I make breakfast shakes. I’ll definitely be trying both of these over the weekend!
- Bulumu Red White and Blueberry Granola: This is all on WHH. I do not like blueberries at all. It looks really good, though!
- Nature’s Bakery Raspberry Fig Bar: I was really excited about this one, except it’s not gluten-free. 😦 WHH’s again.
- Amala Hydrating Cream Cleanser, Yogurt Mask, and Face Cream: I was wary of using this since I have very sensitive skin in the winter, but I used the cleaner and mask last night and it left my face feeling incredibly soft! I also tried the face cream this morning and it’s a nice change from my regular fragrance-free cream. And no reaction! I may look into this line in the future.
- Smarty Pants Weight Management Complete: I’ll definitely try them, but it’s hard to get an idea if something like this works by just taking a few. Also, I’m not really a fan of gummy vitamins.
- Country Life Triple Action Stress Shield Nighttime: Hoping WHH will give this one a try!
- Goddess Garden Organics Tangerine Lavender Daily Lotion: Looking forward to trying this once my arms and legs are exposed to the sun (not any time soon!).
- Runa Mint Guayusa Tea: If it’s an herbal-ish tea, I generally like it to be caffeine-free, but this one does have some caffeine.
- Pollen Ranch Fennel Pollen: As someone who is allergic to pollen, the name of this product throws me off. It definitely smells good and I’m probably up to trying it. Will let you know!
- Traditional Medicinals Relaxation Teas: I’m already a big fan of their echinacea tea, so WHH and I will be battling over these.
- Hemp Hearts coupon!
- CleanWell Disinfectant Wipes: I love toxic-free disinfecting wipes for those occasions when you drop the meat pack on the floor (what, I’m not the only one who accidentally does that, am I?), so these will definitely be used!
Finally–on to the giveaway! Remember the items I mentioned in December’s box that I wasn’t too fond of? And the fact that they include coupons? Well, they’re one lucky winner’s to try! All you have to do is comment below about a favorite new item you’ve discovered recently. A winner will be randomly chosen by Monday, 12:00 PM EST.
- The Honest Company Honest Shampoo + Body Wash plus a 20% off coupon.
- Similasan $1 off coupon
- Numi tomato mint tea plus $1 off coupon
- Bonus from my Diva Dash bag! Yasso Greek Yogurt bars $1 off
- NeoCell Beauty Bursts $2 off
- 1 Jiva coffee cube plus free shipping on your order
- Buy 1, Get 1 50% off a box of Two Degrees Bars
Have a great weekend!