Now that it’s February, I feel like the weeks are flying by! I can’t believe it’s already Friday! Have your past few weeks been flying by as well?
This week’s favorite is a fun one because there’s a small giveaway at the end! Nothing crazy or fancy, but read on to find out…
Back in December, I saw that Greatist was having a special on their Parcel box, a monthly subscription box that is chock-full of healthy foods, supplements, and bath and body products. I believe it was $5 for the first month. I thought I signed up for only the one month, but earlier this week I also received January’s box!
I’ve enjoyed Birchbox in the past, but have only received it through gift subscriptions. I’m pretty frugal, so I can’t justify the (yes, inexpensive) $10/month habit. This box is $20, so even though I love it I will be canceling it (but asking for it as a gift in the future)!
Like Birchbox, you can go online after you receive the box and rate the products for points that you can use towards future purchases (10 pts/rating, 100 pts=$1 to use in their shop).
The theme for December’s box was “Party.” I love how the box is brimming with products!
Look at everything that was included! There were even coupons for many of the products!
- Salamandra Naturals Lavender Soap: The soap pictured above and in the first picture was by far my favorite item in the box! I have very dry skin, but it still needs to be gently exfoliated, and this soap fit the bill perfectly!
- Wholesome Sweeteners: I was really excited about this one because I’m always trying out natural sweeteners. I tried some of them at different times in my oatmeal to add some extra flavor, but they ended up being my least favorite items. I couldn’t tell the difference in flavors and the taste was not equivalent to regular agave.
- NeoCell Beauty Bursts: The one chew was very good, but I’m sure that just taking one didn’t do anything.
- The Pure Bar Co. Fruit Sandwich: We still have yet to try this. I’m thinking WHH will appreciate this more than me.
- Two Degrees Bar: This was perfect for a snack to tide me over between an early breakfast and a late lunch. Gluten-free, chocolate, and peanut butter? Just my kind of snack!
- Numi Organics Savory Tea: My first thought was, huh?! I don’t drink much black tea, so I haven’t tried this yes. Not sure how I feel about it. Sounds like it might taste like tomato soup?
- Jiva Coffee Cubes: These are instant coffee cubes combined with a sweetener. Since I drink my coffee black and unsweetened, I asked WHH to try. I think he may have added more water than they suggest, but he said it was too sweet and tasted like coffee flavored water. I also took a little sip and found it much too sweet. They also offer hot chocolate cubes. Perhaps those are better?
- Quinn Parmesan & Rosemary Popcorn: We accidentally overcooked the popcorn (even though we used our microwave’s popcorn setting which usually works perfectly), so it didn’t taste as good as it probably usually does. Still, a thumbs up from WHH.
Have you tried any of these products? What do you think of the value of this box? I think that considering I only paid $5, the value is superb!
I received January’s earlier this week. As I’ve only just received it, I haven’t tried many products yet. This one seemed perfectly geared toward WHH, though, as he’s had a hard time getting a good night’s sleep for the past few months despite many modifications in diet, exercise, and behaviors.
This month’s theme is “Renew.”
Another box full of all kinds of goodies, such as…
Close-up of the YogaAnne item from above:
- YogaAnne Calm Essential Oil Blend: An essential oil blend to compliment yoga flow. Includes a free month of YogaAnne! Can’t wait to give this a try once my tennis elbow is on the mend.
Speaking of tennis elbow, a quick update:
My chiro is now doing Graston, ART, ultrasound, and laser therapy with little luck. 😦 Starting to exhaust my options. He said we’ll try through next week and then I should get an MRI and consider Prolotherapy. I’m open to any suggestions any of you have!
Anyway, back to fun stuff. More from the box:
Finally–on to the giveaway! Remember the items I mentioned in December’s box that I wasn’t too fond of? And the fact that they include coupons? Well, they’re one lucky winner’s to try! All you have to do is comment below about a favorite new item you’ve discovered recently. A winner will be randomly chosen by Monday, 12:00 PM EST.
- The Honest Company Honest Shampoo + Body Wash plus a 20% off coupon.
- Similasan $1 off coupon
- Numi tomato mint tea plus $1 off coupon
- Bonus from my Diva Dash bag! Yasso Greek Yogurt bars $1 off
- NeoCell Beauty Bursts $2 off
- 1 Jiva coffee cube plus free shipping on your order
- Buy 1, Get 1 50% off a box of Two Degrees Bars
Have a great weekend!